Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Dragonfly

Good evening everyone!  I'm stopping by to share a couple of cards I made using images from the Ching Chou Kuik Oriental Kimono Lady Set.  I also shared a quick tutorial in the Ching Chou Kuik Facebook Group to show how I made the (very easy) backgrounds. I hope you'll check it out, and if you haven't already joined our group, we would love if you did! 

Here is my first card using 'The Dragonfly':


The Copics I used are: skin - E11, E21, E50, E51, R11 & R20; hair - E31, E33, E35 & E37; dress - V04, V05, V06, Y15, BG11, BG13, BG23 & RV04; flowers - BG11, BG13, BG15, BG23, RV25 & RV23; dragonflies - BV23 & BV25.  The image is printed on x-press paper. For the card I used Bazzill cardstock, Sherri Baldy paper, cheesecloth, and Spellbinder dies.

I used Chalk to create the sunset background: 


My chalk of choice is Pebbles, Inc, but you could you whatever you like best. 



I start with the darkest color, applying in a circular motion, adding the next color as I work my way up.  I blend the new color into the color added prior. 


Super easy, and it creates a nice effect!  I hope you enjoyed this:)  I loved coloring this image, and am very happy with the result.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'll post another soon:)

xx Bonnie


2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hey Bonnie I have this chalk set but never used them...now I will...
BRILLIANT Colours,just awesome and the design is just gorgeous.xx
{aNNie}

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice project thanks for sharing!!!